The Rapid Fire Book Tag

22 november 2016


I haven't done a book tag in a while, so I thought it was high time to do one again! The Rapid Fire book tag is a tag I've been seeing a lot on booktube, and it looked like a lot of fun, so I decided to go with this one. 

This tag was created by Kate from GirlReading, and (as usual) I wasn't tagged by anyone. The idea of this tag is to not think too much about the questions, and just answer them. So, let's do this.

E-Book or Physical Book? 
Physicial books all the way! Don't get me wrong, I like e-books and they're very convenient, but nothing beats the experience of a physical book.  

Paperback or Hardback?
Paperback! My blog isn't called Green Tea & Paperbacks for nothing, haha. Paperbacks are just so much cheaper, easier to take with you and a lot less heavy to hold while reading (I'm weak, okay). And with paperbacks you don't have to deal with dust jackets, which is definitely a plus. 

Online or In-Store Book Shopping?
Because I read English books and live in a non-English speaking country, getting the books I want in store is nearly impossible. My local bookstore only has one shelf of English books, and most of them are mysteries and thrillers, which I don't really care for. So I'd have to go with online! 

Trilogies or Series?
Trilogies. I don't read a lot of series anyway, and I get bored being in a world for too long. 

Heroes or Villains?
Ooh, this is a hard one! I think villains, because they're just a lot more interesting than heroes most of the time. But I prefer grey characters, who are in between heroes and villains. 

A book you want everyone to read?
I always struggle a lot with this question. Do I go for a book that has a lot of important messages, or do I go for a book that I'm sure people will enjoy and get them into reading?
I think I'll go for Animal Farm by George Orwell! It's entertaining, very interesting, and has a very clear and important message. And it goes extremely well with the time we're living in now. 

Recommend an underrated book?
Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand! It's a beautiful MG book about a girl who deals with anxiety and depression, and not enough people have read it.

The last book you finished?
Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven. I wasn't a fan. 

The Last Book You Bought? 
I ordered books for a friend for our secret santa thingy yesterday! I won't tell you which ones, because she might read this and I want it to be a surprise. 
The last book I ordered for myself was a poetry collection by Sappho. I want to get more into poetry and I've read a bit of her work in ancient-Greek class and I really loved it. 

Weirdest Thing You've Used as a Bookmark?
A fork. Don't ask.

Used Books: Yes or No?
YES! New books can often be very expensive, so I'm happy when I can get a cheaper copy on Amazon marketplace. (The 'the Dutch are very cheap' stereotype is confirmed.)

Top Three Favourite Genres?
I don't know the names of a lot of genres? I mean, is YA a genre in itself, or is YA contemporary the name of the genre? As a book blogger I should probably know this, haha. But fantasy is definitely one of my favorites. And I also really enjoy almost every YA and MG book. 

Borrow or Buy?
I love having my own library, so I'm going with buy. I also like not having a deadline to read a certain book, like you often have with libraries or when you borrow a book from someone. 

Characters or Plot?
I can like a book with great characters but a shitty plot, but I can't like a book with shitty characters and a great plot. So, characters.

Long or Short Books?
Long, but not over 600 pages. That's just too intimidating.

Long or Short Chapters?
Short! It makes me feel a lot more productive, because it feels like I'm getting through the book a lot faster.

Name The First Three Books You Think Of...
A Monster Calls, Am I Normal Yet?, The Sun is Also a Star. 

Books That Makes You Laugh or Cry?
I cry at almost every book, even if it's because I'm happy, so I'm going to go with laughing. I love to laugh, but it takes a lot for a book to actually make me laugh out loud. 

Our World or Fictional Worlds?
I wonder if anyone would choose for our world, because fictional worlds are so much better! Well, as long as it's not a dystopian.

Audiobooks: Yes or No?
Only when I'm in the right mood, otherwise I get too distracted.

Do You Ever Judge a Book by its Cover?
All the time.

Book to Movie or Book to TV Adaptations? 
I have never really seen a book to TV adaptation, but I think I'd prefer that because I prefer TV-shows to movies anyway. I just don't have the attention span to watch a movie, and movies easily bore me. 

A Movie or TV-Show You Preferred to its Book? 
Even though I loved both the movie and the book, I'm going with Pride and Prejudice! I just loved seeing the story and characters come to live, and the scenery definitely made the whole movie for me. It was gorgeous!
Also, while reading the book I didn't understand Mr. Darcy's appeal. He just felt like a very cranky old 'get of my lawn' man. But while watching the movie, I began to understand why everyone thinks he's so swoon-worthy.

Series or Standalone's?  
Series, I love getting to know characters a little more, and having a bit of a 'deeper' story. I often feel like standalone's only scratch the surface of a story, when it could have been so much more!
This only goes for fantasy books, though. With contemporary's I prefer standalone's. 

So, that was the Rapid Fire book tag! Now tell me, what is the weirdest thing you've used as a bookmark?


Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten