9 Books I Want To Read This Summer

18 juni 2016

The thing I like most about summer is sitting outside (in the shade, because I've got sun allergies, yay!) and reading for hours. I am so excited about this, that I decided to make a blogpost about the books I really want to get to this summer.

I suck at sticking to these things, and I might have chosen a few too many books, but here are the 9 books I want to get to this summer! (And yes, I chose 9 because I could make 3 perfect rows of pictures that way. Sue me.)

Girl Against the UniverseStory Thieves (Story Thieves, #1)Saint Anything

Girl Against the Universe, by Paula Stokes - I have been hearing quite a lot about this book, and most of it has been very positive. Especially about how this book deals with mental illness and anxiety. I have been looking for a book like that, so I hope this won't disappoint. The cover also screams 'SUMMER' to me, so I feel like this'll be the perfect summer read. 
Story Thieves, by James Riley - I received this book for my birthday last week, and I can't wait to start it. The synopsis sounds amazing, and I love middle grade books, especially during the summer. 
Saint Anything, by Sarah Dessen - I have had this book on my TBR for over a year now, and I'm still not super excited to read it. I'm not quite sure why, maybe it's because I don't really like the cover? Anyhow, one of my friends is a huge Sarah Dessen fan and she says her books are perfect for the summer-time, so I'm willing to give it a go. I hope I'll love it as much as she does. 

A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)The Unexpected Everything

A Million Suns, by Beth Revis - I read Across the Universe, the first book in the Across the Universe trilogy, a few weeks ago (and I posted a review here) and I really enjoyed it. I'm really excited to find out what happens next, so I plan on picking this up very soon. 
Of Poseidon, by Anna Banks - After reading The Siren by Kiera Cass, I've been very interested in reading more mermaid books and the summer seems like the perfect time to do that! 
The Unexpected Everything, by Morgan Matson - How could I not read a book by The Queen of Summer this summer? I've loved every single one of Morgan Matson her books, and I'm sure I'll love this one just as much. And look at those dogs on the cover!!! I love dogs so much. 

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2)

Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo - I know this probably isn't a very summery read, so I think I'll save this one for a rainy day, but I really need to get into this series! There's so much hype surrounding this and the Six of Crows books, so I really want to get to this one soon. 
In the Afterlight, by Alexandra Bracken - So, I've already read over half of this book, but I put it down because I was feeling very anxious and this book just made it worse. Luckily, I'm feeling better now, and I can't wait to finish up this series! I love TDM so much and I kind of don't want it to end, but at the same time, I really want to know how it'll end. Bookstruggles, sigh. 
Paper and Fire, by Rachel Caine - I received this one for review from Netgalley a few weeks ago, and I was super excited to get to it since I loved the first book in this series, Ink and Bone (read my review here). I haven't started it yet, because I didn't want to read this one on my phone, like I did with Ink and Bone, because that was just very annoying. However, I now have my e-reader (which I LOVE), so I'll probably start this one somewhere next week! 

So, what about you? Do you have any summer reading plans? Let me know!


Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten