June Wrap-Up

1 juli 2016


This month has been a pretty good reading month for me. In total, I've read 6 books, one short story and listened to the first 13 chapters of the Jane Eyre audiobook. June was also the month where I got my e-reader (and turned 19!), so I've read my very first e-books! I've been loving it, and I might dedicate a whole post to it. 
I'm incredibly happy with the amount of books I've read, especially since June wasn't the best month for me. I was extremely busy, and felt very tired. Luckily, while the month started off slowly reading-wise, it really picked up towards the end. 

What books did I read?


The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
I finished this book on the first day of June, and it was a very good way to start the month. I have loved every book by Rick Riordan that I've read, and this one was no different. I loved the characters and the story, and I really like the 'bad guys' they'll be fighting in this series. Well, I don't like them, they're awful people, but they're such good bad guys. Very interesting as well. I can't wait for the rest of the series, but unfortunately, I'll have to wait a whole year for the next book to come out. 

The Crown by Kiera Cass
The next book I read was The Crown. Judging by the reviews I've seen, I liked this one more than a lot of other people did. It was WAY better than The Heir, and I loved the character developement in this one. I also really enjoyed all of the friendships that formed, or grew even stronger, throughout this book. 
I am currently working on a review for this one, so that'll be up sometime in the next few weeks!

The Girl and the Machine by Beth Revis
This was the very first book (or, short story) I read on my e-reader! I read this to kind of try out my e-reader, and I thought it'd be a very cute story with time-travel, and let me tell you, it was not. It got very very dark, and while the writing was good, I didn't enjoy it very much.

The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
This was the fourth book I read this month, and I enjoyed it. It had a great set of characters, and the writing was amazing, but I expected so much more. I finished my review for this yesterday, so you'll be able to read more of my thoughts about this soon. 

Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
This book was great! Not as good as the first book, which is probably my favourite read of 2016 so far, but still very good. If you want to know more of my thoughts, check out my review here.
I can't wait for the 3rd book in the series! I can't find the release date anywhere, though, but I hope I won't have to wait long. 

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
I am SO glad that I decided to re-read this one, because I absolutely loved it. I didn't love it as much as I did the first time, because I noticed some things I didn't like that I hadn't noticed before, but I still had a great time reading it and I finished it very quickly. 
Also, if someone can find someone like Roger for me, that'd be great.

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
This is the last book I read in June, and I finished it in one day. Needless to say, it was good. It was a very feminist novel, which is something I adore, and the writing was very very good. I'll be posting a review of this one soon, too!


Current read?

Right now, I'm not really reading anything. Well, I'm still technically reading/listening to Jane Eyre, but it's not something I'm actively reading; I only listen to it when I go on walks or when I'm cleaning. It does make both of those things a lot more enjoyable, though. 
I'm planning on picking up the Snow Like Ashes novella, Flames Like Vines, next. I really miss that world, and the novella is about one of my favourite characters, so I'm very excited to start it!

How was your June reading month?


Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten