REVIEW: Bossypants by Tina Fey

12 maart 2016

Title: Bossypants
Author: Tina Fey
Pages: 272
Publisher: Reagan Arthur Books
Published: April 5th, 2011
Genres: Biography, Non-fiction

Goodreads Synopsis


Bossypants'Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon—from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.

Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.'




My rating: 

I listened to this one on audiobook while working in the garden, and before I realised it I was laughing out loud and people were looking at me like I was a mad woman. On the plus side, it did make doing chores a lot more fun. 

I feel a bit weird reviewing this autobiography, because it feels like I'm judging if someones life is interesting/funny enough, so I'm not going to do that. However, I do want to say that reading (or rather, listening) about how Tina ended up on SNL, her 30 Rock- struggles and her life in general, was rather entertaining. Especially when she talked about her honeymoon. Also, I loved how Tina talked about Amy Poehler and I really love their friendship.

Tina Fey narrated this amazingly, which made the already funny stories and anecdotes a lot funnier. I absolutely loved it, and I finished it in a few days, which surprised me because most of the times when I read memoirs it takes me months to finish, if I ever finish them.

I'd recommend this to anyone who is in need of a good laugh, cheering up or simply wants to be entertained. 

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten