Adulthood Is a Myth by Sarah Andersen

3 maart 2016

Title:  Adulthood Is a Myth
Author: Sarah Andersen
Pages: 112
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Published: March 8th, 2016
Genres: Graphic Novel, Non-Fiction, Humour

Goodreads Synopsis


Adulthood is a Myth: A "Sarah's Scribbles" Collection'Are you a special snowflake? Do you love networking to advance your career? Have you never wasted a fresh new day surfing the internet? Ugh. This book is not for you. Please go away.

Sarah's Scribbles — casually drawn, perfectly on-point comics by young Brooklyn-based artist Sarah Andersen — confront head-on the horrors, anxiety, and awkwardness of modern adult life. From the agony of holding hands with a gorgeous guy to the yawning pit of hell that is the wifi gone down to the eye-watering pain of eating too-hot pizza because one cannot stand to wait for it to cool down, Sarah fearlessly documents it all.

Like the work of fellow Millennial authors Allie Brosh, Grace Helbig, and Gemma Correll, Sarah's total frankness on extremely personal issues such as body image, self-consciousness, introversion, relationships, and bra-washing makes her comics highly relatable and consistently hilarious.'



My rating: 


If you spend any time on the internet you might have seen Sarah's Scribbles before, because they're literally everywhere. I always enjoyed the little comics, so when I saw this one on NetGalley in the Read Now section I immediately jumped at the chance. 

I sadly didn't get the full experience of the book, since I read it on my (very crappy) phone, but I still loved it! It's a very quick read, and it's super relatable which makes it hilarious. I read this while sitting next to my mom and I kept pointing at my screen and saying 'Mom this is so funny look at this!'. 

Sarah perfectly describes what it's like to be an adult (or a semi-adult) and I experienced a lot of 'OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only one!'- moments while reading this book. 

This book would make the perfect gift for your bookish and not-so-bookish friend. Or not, because you might end up wanting to keep it for yourself. 

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten