July Wrap-Up

31 juli 2016


My July reading month was pretty great. In total, I've read 10 books, including my very first poetry collection and an audiobook! 
Well, when I say 'read' I'm not being entirely truthful because I DNF'd 3 of the books I read. I know, big shocker, right? I normally never DNF books, so this came as a bit of a surprise to me. It could be because the last week or so, I've been in a bit of a reading slump and I wasn't feeling any of the books I read. I really hope to get out of it soon, because it's summer and I have so much more time to read! 
In other news, I got myself a subscription to an audiobook service! I figured that, if I wasn't going to read a book, I could just listen to one. I'm very glad I made that decision, because I'm loving it! I might even do an entire blogpost on audiobooks.
So, because I read 10 books this month, I'm not going to write my thoughts about every single one of them in this wrap-up, like I normally would. Instead, I'm just going to give you the ratings and links to the reviews that are already up, and start a mini-review series. That's right, my very first series! There are so many books that I don't review because I don't have enough thoughts/feelings about the book to fill an entire review, so a series of mini-reviews would be perfect for that!

Anyway, here are the books I read in the month of July:


What books did I read?


  • The Princess Saves Herself in This One, by Amanda Lovelace
  • Flames Like Vines, by Sara Raasch 
  • The Forgotten Mountain, by Heather Lyons DNF
  • Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen 
  • Prince Caspian, by C.S. Lewis 
  • In the Present Tense, by Carrie Pack 
  • Word Nerd, by Susin Nielsen 
  • Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë DNF
  • An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green DNF
  • My Lady Jane, by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jody Meadows

What am I currently reading?

I'm currently listening to the Red Queen audiobook. I've also just finished My Lady Jane, and I have no idea what book to pick up now. Might have to sit in front of my bookshelf for an hour thinking about what to read today. 
Anyway, I hope you're all doing great and you'll have an amazing August!

What books did you read in July?

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten