Top Ten Things That Fill My Bookish Heart With Joy

26 april 2016

Today I'm doing another Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted by The Broke & The Bookishand this week's topic is 'top ten bookworm delights'. Let me just say that this topic *ahum* delighted me. It was so much fun to think about all the things that bring joy to my book-filled heart, and I'm very happy to share them with you! 



When a (pre-ordered) book arrives sooner than you expected. I think this one speaks for itself, and it's a thing that'd make every bookworm happy. You don't have to wait for your new baby to arrive any longer! It's here! You can start reading it RIGHT NOW! 

When someone loves a book I recommended. This is one of my favorite feelings in the world! Especially when that certain someone starts to rave about the book to me. I LOVE IT. 


food hungry adventure time jake the dog

When food is talked about in a book. Just reading about what amazing things people eat in certain books makes me feel so cosy. To me, this makes a book 1000 times better. 

Finding cheap books. I am a giant cheapskate (you're a real Dutch person, or you aren't, right?) so finding cheap books, even if it's on the Amazon marketplace, brings me great joy. Bonus: when the shipping is free!! 

When the narrator of your audiobook is AMAZING. A good narrator can make you enjoy the book, but an amazing narrator can make the book 25 times better! (Yes, I've done my research, that is the exact number.) 


 
Befriending someone who loves books just as much as you do. I don't have a lot of people in my life that love books as much as I do. When I do meet someone who loves books *swoons*. It just makes my big bookish heart skip a beat. 

When a bookstagram picture turns out perfectly. A lot times, the picture just doesn't turn out the way I planned it. So, when the result of my book-photoshoot looks good I get a very good feeling. 

When your favorite author releases a new book (and the release date isn't more than 6 months away!) You just know the book is going to be good, and let's face it, those months, or even years, of waiting for a book are just torture. So when the release date isn't that far away, it will bring that much more joy!


TSTQ.png
Seeing amazing fan art for a book you love. I can't even describe what I feel when I see something that beautiful on Pinterest. I just want to print it out and make it my wallpaper in my room. I never get tired of looking at it. (Right now, I'm especially loving Star-Touched Queen and Snow Like Ashes fan art!)

Not forgetting about your tea while reading. It happens to me too often that I completely forget there's a steaming cup of goodness next to me while reading, so when I finally remember, it's cold. When I don't forget about it, or when I grab it when it's just the right temperature, it feels like I've won the lottery. 

So tell me, what makes your bookish heart skip a beat? 



Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten